Center for Global Education PA Application
Each year the CGE hires 3-4 students (semester study abroad alumni) to work in the Center for Global Education as Programming Assistants. We are looking for organized, mature, detail-oriented and culturally aware individuals who would like to learn more about international education while supporting the administrative staff of the CGE. This is a beneficial experience and resume-building opportunity for all majors and career interests.
This Programming Assistant will be responsible for work on special projects and a variety of clerical duties as indicated below. Programming Assistants are expected to maintain professionalism, respect, competency, and confidentiality at all times while representing the CGE over the phone and in-person.
Applicants must be available for a minimum of 4 - 5 hours per week during office hours (Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 5:00pm). Limited programming hours required on some nights/weekends (approx. 8-12hrs/semester). Must be able to meet deadlines and prioritize assignments from multiple staff. Holding a valid driver's license is preferred in order to obtain van driving certification from Campus Safety (training will be provided). Applicants MUST have previously studied abroad on a CGE Semester Study Abroad program.
General tasks assigned to all PA’s:
- General publicity: putting up signs, sending out emails, tabling, etc.
- General office work: email, computer work, photocopying, filing, phone coverage
- Attend HWSabroad Information Session 2-3 hours each semester
- Communicating with students currently abroad to collect photos and work for the CGE to use as marketing materials
- Legacy Projects: A year long, unique, project to leave your mark on the office
PA Specialty Projects:
(an individual specialization chosen after being hired as a PA)
- Global Ambassador Coordinator: Organizes the CGE Global Ambassador program (returned students/international students who volunteer with our office). Organizes events & panels with student ambassadors to promote the CGE, ensures all ambassadors fulfill their program requirements
- ROC Your Global Future Conference Coordinator: Publicizes and organizes events for this study abroad re-entry conference in the Fall. Utilizes social media to market the event to the HWS community
- Video Production Coordinator: Organizes CGE filming and creates videos to promote the CGE. Photographs/films CGE programming and events. Designs informative materials for students in the pre and post study abroad phases.
- Student Outreach, Social Media, & Takeover Tuesday Coordinator: Coordinates outreach to students currently abroad, including organization and implementation of “Takeover Tuesday” posts on Instagram. Controls the CGE social media presence and manages the marketing schedule and materials. Creates weekly social media schedules, coordinating with all other PAs.
- Global Café Coordinator: Manages the organization and logistics of the Global Café event series, including date setting, room reservations and collaborating with Sodexo for any catering needs, generating supply lists, and contact with students leading each event.
- International Exchange Student Coordinator: Outreach to students currently abroad plus outreach and outings with the international exchange students (including welcoming them, letting them know about events/activities on campus, and driving/leading exchange student outings throughout the year)
- Aleph Submission & Editing Assistant: Assists in the organization, editing and layout of photos and writing in CGE's journal of global perspectives. Markets and advertises the need for submissions of work.
- Previous participation in a semester study abroad program and demonstrated interest in promoting international education.
- Independent and self-motivated
- Outgoing personality, confident public speaker
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills, especially one-on-one with other students
- Attention to detail
- Interested in promotion and social events
- Experience working or volunteering with diverse campus constituents preferred
Select 'APPLY NOW' to complete and submit your application by the deadline (See Below).